August 10 - 13, 2019
At West River Camp with Finale Concert at National UMC in Washington, DC
Calling all singers, youth choir directors, church leaders, pastors, and youth group personnel! Voices In Praise is hosting a 4-day summer camp from
August 10 – 13 for youth choirs and their directors.
1. Bring your choir. Choirs, register here to bring your director & ensemble.
2. Youth singers can register as individuals.
Join us to:
- Introduce singers in Grades 6 – 12 to that "mass choir" sound, give them an opportunity to make a joyful noise in unique places, and have fun!
- Kick-start fall programming. When choirs leave camp, they will have 4-6 pieces ready for worship, plus a vetted list of repertoire possibilities for the remainder of the year.
- Build relationships between choir directors for continued support, encouragement, idea-sharing, and music-making opportunities.
At camp, singers will spend their time in mass choir rehearsals and sectionals; team-building with their ensemble; and having fun in camp activities at West River (swimming, giant swing, rock wall, etc). Directors will attend workshops and participate in roundtables -- a time for sharing ideas and lessons learned and building relationships with other directors. Everyone will participate in daily worship and choir bonding activities. Finale concert and camp pick-up will take place at National UMC in Washington, DC.
Choir camp will be led by an experienced team of professional music educators and church musicians. Briana Gresko will serve as Camp Conductor. Sandy Griese will serve as Camp Accompanist. Holly Reynolds Lee will serve as Camp Director. For more about the team, please read their bios.
National UMC in Washington, DC will host
the Finale Concert and camp pick-up.
$325 per student
$400 nonrefundable Ensemble Registration Fee (due at time of Registration) for choirs coming w/ a director
Costs include overnight accommodations in West River cabins; all meals; choral sheet music; all camp activities; transportation to National UMC in Washington, DC; and a camp Tshirt.
Special thanks to the Baltimore Washington Conference of the United Methodist Church for providing a grant for summer camp.
Special opportunity: All campers are invited to perform the National Anthem at Nats Stadium when the Washington Nationals take on the Cleveland Indians on Sep. 28!
It's Faith Day at Nats Stadium and we're honored to take part.